Thursday, August 14, 2014

Try and try again

If I could choose one word to describe you right now it is "determined."  You don't let anything stop you.  You fall down and get back up.  You try to climb everything you see.  You go up and down the steps, trying to master your movement and balance.  You fight until you get it.  You make sounds and imitate words to try to talk and communicate.  You ask what things are over and over to learn everything that you can.  You, my son, are determined.  You thrive on the combination of encouragement, support, and opportunity.  You move from one stage to the next with a vigorous love of life and learning.
This focus that you have to keep trying until you master it is amazing and something I can learn from.  God wants us to look at problems as opportunities.  He wants to work through us.  We don't have to depend on our own strength to master something.  He is right there with the resources that we need to accomplish it.  I pray that the determination you have right now will grow and mature into a dependence on your Creator.  I pray that you will learn where your strength comes from and who gave you that amazing personality to keep going and not give up.  It is so much fun to watch you learn.  I look forward to the many times you will master a new skill.  And I thank God for the determination that you have to go after it.

Philippians 4:13   I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

1 comment:

Genghis said...

You tell such beautiful and heartwarming stories about your journey with your child.
PayPal
Dolltrx
Bismart
Kimoi